|Identifying Codes|| |
|Audio||Mono (Digital), Commentary (Analog)|
|Notes||Special features are: |
- Audio commentary by director Peter Brook; producer, Lewis Allen; director of photography, Tom Hollyman; and cameraman and editor, Gerald Feil
- Excerpts from the novel read by author William Golding, allowing chapter by chapter comparison with the film
- Deleted scenes and outtakes
- Trailers from both the original 1963 movie and the 1990 remake
- Production scrapbook including photographs and excerpts from the boys newsletters written during production
- "The Empty Space" - excerpts from Gerald Feil's 1972 documentary showing Brook's methods for creating theater
This film was matted to 1.66:1 in the cinema. The disc is full frame, although it was composed for 1.66:1.
The opening credit sequence is letterboxed at around 1.66:1.