Each day i log onto filmogs the stranger the credits get i am unsure if it's unclear rules.

First off Staff please add Towns, Shops, Production Companies thertical (https://films.discogs.com/credit/428123-avis-filmverleihdepartments) Departments (https://films.discogs.com/credit/424575-agriculture-fisheries-and-conservation-department), camares, camera film and anything used as Special Thanks should be a no no or be added as companies.

But then staff will just ignore and we will be bombared with 10000's of special thanks credits because "its on IMDB its relavent" quote by a unnnamed user.

i can understand brodcasters if a tv show was brodcasted on that channel and i can understand production companies but do we really need cameras or addidas canada ltd? or the University of wisconsin? or https://films.discogs.com/credit/424589-transport-department or https://films.discogs.com/credit/444490-utah-department-of-corrections there are plenty more Special thanks credits

camera credit example about 4 now https://films.discogs.com/credit/476433-canon-5d-mark-ii

camera film credit example about 3 of them now https://films.discogs.com/credit/476463-kodak-eastman

Should us the users begin too reuse or just hope one day staff will update the rules?

I think that perhaps trying to ensure that the credits are human beings, or groups of human beings (like musical groups, etc.) is a good thing. Perhaps if there's a question mark on some of them, they should be brougt up here to see if they should be added.

Special Thanks credits I don't really see a problem with, as there may be many different reasons that people are "thanked" for being a part of the production and many times it is as integral perhaps as other members of the cast for the film, and often those "thanked" on one film are also recognized cast or part of production crews on other films. They should be noted.

I think a bigger problem for me, is that if a credit is listed in a film, there should be a means to verify that this person (and who they are) was part of that film crew. Links like imdb, wikipedia, etc. for the film in question should be noted so that even if the a credit link isn't placed in the credit page itself (which makes it easier to establish whether a new credit being added for a film being added matches or doesn't match an existing credit by the same name as being the same person or not), there needs to be somewhere in the film page where all of the credits were gathered from that others can have access to. Without any means to validate the credit, I often just create a newer credit instead, which might be in fact a duplicate credit, but those adding credits should add links or even state in the notes for the film that the addtionally added cast members were taken from this booklet from the DVD or laserdisc package, and then if possible, include an image scan of that source, so that people at least have a basis to see where the credits were gathered from. This would avoid duplicates or the same credit being applied to a different actor without any means to establish where the original credit came from.

I'm guessing that in most cases these are additional voice credits for a foreign dub of a film that aren't present in many of the major site links like imdb or wikipedia for the given film. But a source should still be indicated somehow in that case.

most of the credits that say special thanks on the credits like this one https://films.discogs.com/credit/424586-prince-philip-dental-hospital

are actually reconized as companies on IMDB, but 1 user decides too copy everything from imdb over too here.

and here is that company on imdb https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?companies=co0343959

and on imdb in credit section there are special thanks hut for people i'm fine with users using 'special thanks'though i would prefer it too be used for people or groups instead of pizza hut, addidas canada, towns in wisconsin and many others

In principle, all artists, companies and locations that are credited in the credits of a film must be included in the main page of the film.

With the special Thanks credits there are several reasons why they are mentioned in a film.

Often it is film and shooting rights, but also financing and license issues. The same applies to the entries you mentioned.

The locations often provide buildings or parks, so they give permission to shoot and are therefore mentioned in the special thanks credits.
The other large companys are often donors or provide products and are therefore credited in the film credits.

In both cases, there is a direct involvement in the creation of the film and the associated credits, which is why they are authorized.

p.s. Please stop staring at me in the forum, if you post links in which you can conclude 1: 1, this is not correct.
In addition, you have raised the topic several times in the forum and never received an answer, so please take care of your special film entries.

marco.leistner1 wrote:

In principle, all artists, companies and locations that are credited in the credits of a film must be included in the main page of the film.

With the special Thanks credits there are several reasons why they are mentioned in a film.

Often it is film and shooting rights, but also financing and license issues. The same applies to the entries you mentioned.

The locations often provide buildings or parks, so they give permission to shoot and are therefore mentioned in the special thanks credits.
The other large companys are often donors or provide products and are therefore credited in the film credits.

In both cases, there is a direct involvement in the creation of the film and the associated credits, which is why they are authorized.

p.s. Please stop staring at me in the forum, if you post links in which you can conclude 1: 1, this is not correct.
In addition, you have raised the topic several times in the forum and never received an answer, so please take care of your special film entries.

But nobody else adds these companies as credits.

Shooting rights, licenses and all that we dont need them on films as stated above we really only need cast (humans) bands or groups (Sports Teams)

How can Pizza Hut be a group unless they are serving up Pizza or offereng pizza tips.

if you dont stop adding them i will reuse them as they are just junk / spam credits and serve little too 0 purpose o

UG1002 wrote:

Which does not mean that it is not right, and there are others who credit the companies involved in the creation of the film.

Shooting rights, licenses and all that we dont need them on films as stated above we really only need cast (humans) bands or groups (Sports Teams)

Who says that? As usual with Discogs, companies that were involved in the creation of the film are also to be credited.
Read the Discogs guidelines.

How can Pizza Hut be a group unless they are serving up Pizza or offereng pizza tips.

Pizza Hut is a company and in this film granted filming rights to your branch.
if you dont stop adding them i will reuse them as they are just junk / spam credits and serve little too 0 purpose o

That would be vandalism, which is prohibited according to the guidelines and which has the consequences described therein.

Please do not start this childish thing again. If you are bothered by the entries, then you simply do not call them up. Priorities should be different from what may and may not be credit.

I think it would be more important to add a lot of missing credits than to question existing credits.

marco.leistner1 wrote:

UG1002 wrote:

Which does not mean that it is not right, and there are others who credit the companies involved in the creation of the film.

Who says that? As usual with Discogs, companies that were involved in the creation of the film are also to be credited.
Read the Discogs guidelines.

Pizza Hut is a company and in this film granted filming rights to your branch.

That would be vandalism, which is prohibited according to the guidelines and which has the consequences described therein.

Please do not start this childish thing again. If you are bothered by the entries, then you simply do not call them up. Priorities should be different from what may and may not be credit.

I think it would be more important to add a lot of missing credits than to question existing credits.

Yes we need more humans on films and not companies, companies are ment for releases not on films.

UG1002 wrote:

Yes we need more humans on films and not companies, companies are ment for releases not on films.

We need both, people and companies are involved in creating a film.

marco.leistner1 wrote:

UG1002 wrote:

We need both, people and companies are involved in creating a film.

Fine.

UG1002 wrote:

Companies that are only active for publication should be credited there, or companies that are mentioned on the physical release.

Companies that are generally involved in film making should be credited on the main film page.

marco.leistner1 wrote:

UG1002 wrote:

Companies that are only active for publication should be credited there, or companies that are mentioned on the physical release.

Companies that are generally involved in film making should be credited on the main film page.

Where is that in the rules?

i just want too cross-reference before adding companies as credits.

UG1002 wrote:

There are even pre-made credit rolls from the production company etc.

And in practical terms, do you want to mention the recording studios, sound studios, equipment companies, costumes companies etc. for every physical release?

These companies belong to the main release.

UG1002 wrote:

There will always be cross references, as many companies are active both as production companies and as distributors.

And in addition your brand appears as a label on the physical editions.

marco.leistner1 wrote:

UG1002 wrote:

There are even pre-made credit rolls from the production company etc.

And in practical terms, do you want to mention the recording studios, sound studios, equipment companies, costumes companies etc. for every physical release?

These companies belong to the main release.

recording atudios, costume studios etc do belong in the credits as usally they group up people.

its why i requested the staff too add Costume desigher and makeup artist many times.

UG1002 wrote:

recording atudios, costume studios etc do belong in the credits as usally they group up people.

its why i requested the staff too add Costume desigher and makeup artist many times.

Sorry a recording studio is a room where the film or sound is usually edited.

What does that have to do with people? Except those who do this work in this studio.

marco.leistner1 wrote:

UG1002 wrote:

Sorry a recording studio is a room where the film or sound is usually edited.

What does that have to do with people? Except those who do this work in this studio.

isn't this a recording studio? https://films.discogs.com/credit/454053-2424-studios

i mean they record the film production they should warrent an addition.

UG1002 wrote:

isn't this a recording studio? https://films.discogs.com/credit/454053-2424-studios

i mean they record the film production they should warrent an addition.

2424 Studios is a film location and studio in Philadelphia.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.