https://films.discogs.com/release/333086-tetsuo-tie-nan-the-iron-man-body-hammer

I have this on in front of me, but in a blue keep case.
The entered data and the artwork of the front cover are otherwise the same (there is no pic of the backside to compare, unfortunately.)

Should I go by the data that is entered, and consider mine the same, just in another case colour (a variation.)
Or should I expect there are probably other differences, and decide to make another entry.

(barcode is the same too.)

Personally, I would just add a note and a scan.

Thanks,

I already added a scan, not a note yet.

I'd pitch for separate release here. For the reason the package design is different. But either way, a note would be useful.

I was debating adding a separate release for a DVD where both ISBN and UPC values matched along with just about all other data, but decided to add the cover images to the same release here... Might be good to have some more explicit rules on what should constitute a separate release or not.

https://films.discogs.com/release/270982-chicken-run

As the keep case is a "generic" item, a bit comparable to a generic company sleeve for a 7" or 12" single. I tend to regard it as the same item. The disc and the printed insert are exactly the same. Only the generic part differs. So I tend to regard it as a single version with a possible variation.

That is as far as there are no other differences which weren't included in the original submission.
Sometimes I wonder if the grey case is really grey, actually, and isn't greyed on the photograph. I never saw a gray bluray case. I saw white/clear ones and blue ones, and black for UHD releases.

I don't think it's a grey, but blue keep case.

When the case is scanned, it is shown in grey if light is coming from above (open scanner).

marco.leistner1 wrote:

I don't think it's a grey, but blue keep case.

When the case is scanned, it is shown in grey if light is coming from above (open scanner).

OK! Thanks, didn't know that. I "scan" with the phone nowadays. Not great quality but it does it quick. Especially because the scanner is often dissolved in paper, bluray and books.

We asked THIRD WINDOW FILMS about this release. Here this the response:

"For the tetsuo 1/2 film only 1 disc edition, there was a pressing which included a clear bluray case, but that was actually just a mistake by the manufacturers in putting it in a clear case instead of a blue one. Otherwise nothing is different."

Variants should have their own entries.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.