I see more every day. Such as https://films.discogs.com/film/447527-the-mommies This show never had any type of release that I know of or that I can find on the internet, except for a bootleg.
What's the best way to inform the user whom has added such that this db is for physical media? Maybe one of you humans has a good approach? I'd likely use a word they'll be confused or offended by... at least that's what my track record leads me to believe.

Just leave a note asking if they have any physical media for the show and state that's the main purpose of the site.

I wonder if there will be some films that have been recently produced that might bypass a film release with the COVID epidemic, and go directly to some DVD or other type of release if theatrical showings won't be possible over the next few months to a year for them. They just said on the news that the new James Bond flick that was supposed to come out soon is being delayed until November now. So there might be some interesting "releases" in the near future.

That's a rare case, but what I've found while submitting some of my releases is that by chance there is already the film for which the release I'm submitting from is in the database, but there are no releases attached to it. The way that I think about it is that when someone thinks about doing this, they're more or less saving the submitter the trouble of updating the page after submitting the release. That's one way of justifying it, although I do not condone it.

as i said in another fourm.

we have the FBI and a town in Wisconsin as credits.

soon every single music video added.

with no staff regulating the rules it seems like they have given up and just let users add whatever they want, only other users will regulate and help.

they will come here for there once a month update and disapper until the next month.

some time ago staff used to inforce these rules, but its all left too users who don't have any power too delete these music videos or hair spray club type additions.

Yeah bbut those were down to an individual who's logic was "if IMDb lists it copy it over" with little to no other logic, hell they don't understand the difference between a country and a language for alternate titles, all because that's what IMDb says is correct so they copy it over.

TheWho87 wrote:

Yeah bbut those were down to an individual who's logic was "if IMDb lists it copy it over" with little to no other logic, hell they don't understand the difference between a country and a language for alternate titles, all because that's what IMDb says is correct so they copy it over.

True statement.

but with have another user adding every single tv show / movies that apper on tv tag with TV Movie because that user sees it on TV.

Unless staff come back and regulate rules for all these users i see this a forgottrn project by staff and is up too the users too keep this ogs alive.

Any example of that? Just went through a few most recent edits under TV Movie and IMDb lists them as a TV Movie.

Yeah i just checked a few i thought were not orignally aird on tv but most say they were made for television.

We did have a user who added TV channels to films that broadcast the film on TV but they got banned.

^ That one sounds like a nightmare!

To be fair they only did it for a few pages and had a history of getting banned. Their biggest problem was obsessing over the image of pages, specifically you couldn't change an image they added without them changing back.

TheWho87 wrote:

To be fair they only did it for a few pages and had a history of getting banned. Their biggest problem was obsessing over the image of pages, specifically you couldn't change an image they added without them changing back.

Wow that sounded like a real problem.

It got to the point of not bothering fixing it, kinda similar to another current user.

now there are 2 users adding tv shows with 0 releases linked to the film.

the link by op shows the original user and now this user with this link. https://films.discogs.com/film/430339-sold

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.