I was going through my previous submissions, and I was thinking of the images I took for the Criterion Collection release of Trainspotting on LaserDisc.. I took some nice pictures for the release page, but now I go there and the images are not on there at all. Even if you click on "add images", they aren't disabled or anything like that. They're completely gone! The last person who touched it was me, and that was nearly a year ago. You can even see the release history raw changes and see the JPEG files that were uploaded with that listing.

The more I look around, the more older LaserDisc releases I see that don't have any images of them. Take the LaserDisc releases of Goodfellas, for instance. There are 3 different releases on the film page, but none of them have pictures. The last edits on those pages was just the image order, but now there is absolutely nothing to re-enable or disable. Please see this release page, the other page, and the final page for what I'm talking about.

I have never seen this phenomenon before, and I am curious if there is any explanation to why this has happened. Has anybody else had this issue arise as well? Please let me know.

There was a guy complaining his laserdisc images were here without permission, maybe they nuked them all to please him.

That's not a legit explanation, just something I remember popping up in the past that may explain.

Huh! But I wouldn't be surprised. But weird thing about that is that there are some older listings that still have the images up for them, years older. The ones I uploaded were recent, so maybe it was during a certain time frame? I don't know.

One thing I should mention with the more release I have to sift through to find out if a release I want to submit is already in the database or not, is that I find that a big contributor of the LaserDisc on this website is idefix23. They alone have added 1,806 to the website! Which out of the current 2,801 LaserDisc releases on the website, they've added over half! It's dizzying to even think about, but why I mention this is because all their images are completely gone for the most part.

Strangest part about all these is that a good mix of them are German releases. So when I see there is a LaserDisc release cataloged on a specific movie, I find that it has a different country attached to it. Having no pictures to go off of makes things a lot harder in this way, and I would love to know the truth behind why all of these images are missing. Considering the sheer amount of rare releases they've been able to document, it's a shame that those images are now (from what I assume) are gone forever.

You should read country where it / was available. If the data is the same you can add the country where you bought it.

For example: I add a DVD and I bought it in the Netherlands. I add Netherlands to the Territories field. When someone from Germany bought the same release in Germany he/she can add Germany (So Netherlands and Germany are both in that field). So you can find out where the release was distributed.

That wasn't what I said. I just asked why all those images were wiped, not where they were distributed.

How many of them are submitted without images? I have quite a few laserdiscs, but have held back from putting many of them online because my image scanner isn't large enough to get the cover with just one scan. I either have to piece together some scans of each corner carefully, or use a camera instead and import them, which isn't as expeditious when one's time is valuable. DVDs and VHS tapes are a lot easier to get images in place from the releases you own than laserdiscs. I don't know if discogs has similar problems with record albums vs. CD images? I also don't know if these issues might factor in to someone's decision to take down other images perhaps? Maybe some have been using images from other sources on the web instead of those that they scan in for this reason which has lead to some being removed too.

It wasn't that they were aubmited without, it's just that they had them at one point 8 months ago (according to the last edit) but are now completely gone, not even disabled. I've seen images disabled in my time, but not completely wiped.

Reason I made the thread was I saw my images were no longer on the Criterion release of Trainspotting on LaserDisc. They were the ones I personally took, and had to take them yet again for the page. It was annoying them, but it's especially annoying now having to click on every release trying to figure out if that's the one you want to make a submission of or not.

Also I take photos of mine and edit them by hand. I don't have a scanner big enough for that, and ultimatey don't want to bother at this point.

It wasn't that they were aubmited without, it's just that they had them at one point 8 months ago (according to the last edit) but are now completely gone, not even disabled. I've seen images disabled in my time, but not completely wiped.

Reason I made the thread was I saw my images were no longer on the Criterion release of Trainspotting on LaserDisc. They were the ones I personally took, and had to take them yet again for the page. It was annoying them, but it's especially annoying now having to click on every release trying to figure out if that's the one you want to make a submission of or not.

Also I take photos of mine and edit them by hand. I don't have a scanner big enough for that, and ultimatey don't want to bother at this point.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.