Greetings. I cannot see how to search forum threads short of scanning all the individual subjects. I wish to know have there been plans or discussions regarding proper (English) alphabetization of titles and credits? I really don't like having all titles which with "The" filed under "T," and I also cannot abide credits ordered by first name. These are not fighting words, just concerns. Thanks and apologies if this has already been addressed.

Alphabetization in APA Style... When alphabetizing titles or group names as authors, go by the first significant word (disregard a, an, the, etc.)

I get your point with titles starting with "The", but it's in the guidelines to do that.

Names Starting with The
For credit names beginning with The, the name should be entered as The Name.

https://films.discogs.com/guidelines/general#names-starting-with-the

I also agree with sorting credits by first name, I'd argue it should be by their surnames and order of billing.

The first part of my comment which you answered was regarding titles of releases, not names of people.

I thought you were refering to them within a film.

At the moment the credit system is basically use what you got, it's not great but it's there, and there is more pressing issues for credits than how their ordered on the site, namely getting some kind of alias system.

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.