Is there a Master Release System like Discogs, If not how do you link other releases to there matching counter parts?

If the film is already in the database: when you are submitting a new release, at the bottom of the submission page there should be an "Add to film" box - type in your film name and some suggestions should drop down - pick the proper suggestion and then your release will be linked to the "Master List" once you add submission notes and hit "Submit"

Right i will give it a go when i submit sometitles then, Thanks

How do you link compilation Titles E.G. "Simpsons Bart Wars" has 2 different releases on the Database but can't appear to be linked like Discogs titles with a Dropdown menu

I'm not sure what you are asking. But if a Title is not in the Database the "Add to Film" section doubles as a slot where you "create the title." So, if your release is not in the database as a Master Title you can "Generate" the title New.

Now, I believe there is a way within the submission page to link a release to a "Series" like The Simpsons.

Now, I believe there is a way within the submission page to link a release to a "Series" like The Simpsons.

Or, if you need to combine the releases "Simpsons Bart Wars" you need to "Create/Generate" the Simpsons Bart Wars film (Add to Film) -- Create the Title -- then go into both Simpsons Bart Wars and Edit the Submission and add to said film.

So create a Sperate Title just for the Compilation "Simpsons Bart Wars" So they can be linked under one name?

Well, there are 2 ways. First - If you have a copy of that title and at the "Add to Film" box you put your title name in and if the film is not in the Database you can add it and it will state "New Film" next to what you've typed and thus creating that film "Master" in the database. Second - if you want to add a new film to the Database that isnt there go to the Blue Contribute button at the top of the page and select "Add Film" here you will add a new film to the database then you can edit the other 2 Simpson's films and add them to that Film you created.

R03KER wrote:

So create a Sperate Title just for the Compilation "Simpsons Bart Wars" So they can be linked under one name?

Add each tv episode which is displayed on the back of the keep case for show complitions.

for example i added a zombie movie complition have a look at that as you add each indirvidal title

Think i have it figured out now, Cheers everybody

What your doing with the Simpsons releases is not how things are meant to be done.

If your doing a release on a TV series, you link to the series, in this case The Simpsons, and then to the episodes featured on that release.

You don't group them together based on a single specific series/season, just the overal show.

as thewho said.

we do not add each indervidal series just one link too "The Simpsons"

we don't need "The Simpsons season 11" like here

https://films.discogs.com/film/415752-the-simpsons-the-eleventh-season

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.